Monday, January 2, 2012

A Thanks To Missionary Mothers!

Wow, every time I think that I couldn't get any more excited about my mission or become more interested in everything a mission entails I am proven wrong! On Sunday I went to my aunts ward where I know several families who's kids are serving missions. Each of the mothers of these currently serving missionaries were asked to speak. As each of these mothers spoke I felt an excitement that I can't even begin to explain and I was so overcome by the spirit that I wept through each talk.  One of my best friends Rachel is currently serving in the Nauvoo, Illinois mission and as her mother spoke about the amazing experiences she is having I knew that I want to have those types of experiences more than anything else in the world right now! There were times through the meeting that I felt as if I had to hold myself in my seat because I was so ecstatic! Literally "everything" else seemed so obsolete to me except that of wanting to serve the Lord, preaching his gospel to every living creature and giving the gift of everlasting joy and happiness that I have been blessed with my whole life. Of course sometimes I wonder if I am really prepared enough or capable of doing such a essentially sacred work, but then I am reminded of a scripture in Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths!"

The Lord will make everything possible for me to be able to take the message of the gospel to his children and will show unto me his great power as I am used as a tool in his hands to help build his kingdom. What an incredible yet humbling experience! I am so grateful to those mothers who shared their missionary's tender experiences and deep testimonies of the gospel. I felt as if I were a sponge soaking up every word and every feeling of joy and peace from the spirit! I love this gospel more than anything in my entire existence because I don't just think, but I know that I would not be here today if I didn't have it in my life. I want to let the world know that so many indescribable blessings can become readily available to them through what Joseph Smith has restored to the earth. The best way to sum up what I am feeling is through a quote from President Monson that has been on my mind for the past few days:  "Missionary service is a priesthood duty—an obligation the Lord expects of us who have been given so very much.” I may not be part of the priesthood but I am so glad that I have the opportunity to walk in the steps of the many great missionaries that were such great examples to me throughout my life. Because I have been so greatly blessed by my loving Heavenly Father through his gospel, how can I not share this life changing message with those of my brothers and sisters who are waiting to hear it? I know that not only will I bless the lives of those I teach through the hand of the Lord but that they will bless my life in return and will teach me things that I would have never thought I could learn about love and service through the gospel of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment