Friday, December 30, 2011

Ya'll Ready For This?!!

Yes this may be a line of a song that has been going through mind today, but it is more the feeling that I am directing to the world in reference to my preparation to serve a MISSION!!! I couldn't be more excited about  this most amazingly fantastical blessing I have to be a part of!!! Now that finals are over and I have more time to focus before school starts back next semester I am working on my mission papers and it is such an amazing experience! Ever since I was a little girl I always knew I wanted to serve a mission, I just wasn't sure when that time would be. But when I got the conformation I knew that there was simply nothing more incredible I could be doing with my life right now than serving a mission! This is the perfect time to take hold of this opportunity to devote 18 months of my life to this unique service for the Lord! Over the past few days I have sorted out a few situations that have been on my mind, which has been such a relief, and now that I know where I stand I can fully focus my attention on my preparations. When I make a decision to turn my attention to an important opportunity that is going to take a lot of time and effort I try to make sure that there is nothing in my life that I feel confused or uneasy about which might take away from what I need to. That approach has served me well my whole life.The Lord deserves me in my best state, no distractions, and I deserve no less.


Over the last few weeks I have talked with my friends about their missions, watched friends open their mission calls, and have enjoyed looking at my brothers mission pics and it makes me more excited every day! I know that a mission requires a tremendous amount work and is a time when I will be relying greatly upon the Lord for strength and I am excited to become more acquainted with my savior on such a significantly deeper level. I know girls who decided to serve missions because they were frustrated with the present situations in which they found themselves in there lives. I am so glad that is not why I am going. I feel that a mission will add so much to who I am and to who I want to be and I can't think of a more amazing way to do that right now! I think that preparing for my mission is the absolute ultimate new years resolution for this upcoming year because it covers so many of the ambitions that I wish to improve on. My mission will give me a life boost and an experience that will prepare me for many other great opportunities that will take place after my mission. Can't wait to find out where those amazing 18 months of my life will be spent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment