Monday, December 5, 2011

Liberation

I have realized lately that sometimes I can be very demanding of myself. This proves true in instances when I say I will do something and truly have the desire to follow through with that intention but am unable to because of certain circumstances. This is what happened today. I made several commitments and fully intended to keep them however I was simply not able to because of some things that I don't really have control over at the moment . As a result I felt that I was leaving people hanging. 

For about a month now my body has just not been willing to cooperate on several different levels and quite frankly it has been very painful and frustrating. Because of this I have not been able to take part in one of my top stress relievers (aka the gym) which has not helped me much either. I tend to be very good at masking the way I am feeling and hate making a big deal out of things so many times people have no idea if something is wrong. However I realize that I am very understanding when these types of things happen to other people.

 So why don't I cut myself some slack? Good question. Note to self.....the slack starts now. This applies to all different dimensions of life. My best is all I can do; sometimes it may not be exactly what I was looking for or wanting to accomplish, but it is enough. Life is too short to waist in thoughts that will yield no positive outcomes. 

P.S. sorry if some of this doesn't make sense, I am on some lovely meds. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment