Sunday, January 29, 2012

This is it!!

Mission papers submitted....check!! This week I had my interview with the stake president for my mission and it was such an amazing feeling! When I left his office I had the most excited feeling I have ever felt! I am just so ready to serve! Its the first thing on my mind when my eyes pop open in the morning and the last thing on my mind when I close my eyes at night. Anticipation?.....yeah we could call that an understatement! On Thursday in mission prep teacher Brother Lewis had us watch a video about Joseph Smith and the Sacred Grove. Now if you know me you know that of course I cried. That's just what happens to me when I feel the spirit (guess that's partly why I love Elder Eyring so much). After we finished the video he asked me to stand and give my testimony of what we had just watched. I thought I was emotional during the movie, but as I stood to bear my testimony of our dear prophet Joseph Smith I was at first hardly able to speak. As I expressed to the class about what I love and know to be true it gave me a taste of what the mission field will be like and made me feel such a bond to Joseph Smith. He is one of those people who at the second coming I am going to be first in line to give the biggest hug ever!


My love for this amazingly faithful boy of 14 who grew into one of the most incredible people to ever walk the earth is so strong and their are no words to express my gratitude! Where would we be without him and the sacrifices that he made for this gospel? It really just makes me want to step up my game about 110%. If a young boy can face so much adversity and still remain faithful to the Lord in accomplishing all that he was sent here to do, then why for any reason would I not be able to do the simple things that would make me a better follower of Jesus Christ? There is nothing like preparing for a mission that gives you a power and a joy unlike any other! It helps me really truly think about the simple principles of the gospel that I don't often take time to ponder and appreciate. And practicing explaining them to others as we do in mission prep helps me to gain a better understanding and testimony of these wonderful parts of the gospel that the Lord has prepared for us!

You know it really is such a great time to be alive! When we acknowledge that, we provide ourselves with such a more productive mindset and allow ourselves to become available to growing experiences that help mold us into the person that we have always wanted to be. There are just so many great opportunities out there and I am taking each one in stride! First up......Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!!

No comments:

Post a Comment