Thursday, October 13, 2011

Study....LIGHT BULB!

     Well as some of you may know this week is midterm week (yipee the semester is half way over!) and so I have been sitting here in my room studying for all of the lovely up coming tests and such. As I have been going over my notes from my Sociology class I got to the chapter about different types of love in relationships and for some odd reason a light went off  in my brain and something just clicked in the middle of my review. In class I had written down something that I really didn't think much about at the time but as I was reviewing my notes I had to pause to read it again because it made me excited and gave me one of those "can I hear and amen" moments!

     It reads.... "Why is it important for us to know and understand the many different types of love? It is so we can understand what our love style is and how if affects others, so that we may see how others we become involved with view and desire to experience love, and to see how each person's own view of love affects their own experience. This helps us be more realistic in our love expectations understanding that it is ok to be different in relationships."

     Wow simple but so profound! Many people don't stop and take time to think about what it means to have realistic expectations. Realistic doesn't mean perfection, it means taking time to understand what differences are and why those differences are present. Mars and Venus will never think in the same ways but relationships are about creating an atmosphere where it is comfortable to talk about anything and everything in order to build a connection that is open, honest ,and safe for both people.

     That is what I want more than anything; to feel so comfortable with someone, being the whole and complete Autumn. Knowing that they will love and be proud of me because of who I am and will want to be a part of the things that have made me into the person I have become. There is no greater gift than that!  What an amazing experience that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment